TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MEDITATION CLASSES
AND SOUND BATHS/SOUND MEDITATION
Contract and Terms and Conditions for Meditation Classes, Sound Baths and Sound Meditation (in Person and Online)
By purchasing a Meditation Class, Sound Bath or Sound Meditation Event (whether in person or online), you confirm that you agree to the following Contract, Terms and Conditions and Agreement, and are bound by them. This is between you, the customer or client and Intentional with Laura.
Health and Safety
Laura is a Meditation Teacher. Laura only teaches the practices and techniques that she is qualified to teach. She is not a therapist, psychologist or medical professional and will not provide consultation beyond her skills, knowledge or ability.
You confirm that you are over the age of 18.
You are advised not to undertake any meditation service if you have concerns over your physical, mental, emotional or psychological condition. If you are in any doubt, you should consult your doctor before engaging in meditation or any of Laura’s services.
It is your responsibility to consult with your doctor or medical professional before you undertake or engage in meditation, breathwork or any exercises. Anything you choose to do or engage in is entirely your responsibility.
You agree to disclose any serious mental or physical health condition prior to the class with the Teacher/Coach (Laura Pearson) and have chosen to attend having understood that the information received should not be seen as medical advice and is not meant to take the place of seeing other licensed professionals. You are accountable for notifying Laura, the Meditation Teacher, of any circumstances affecting your health and wellbeing.
Laura has the right to refuse the Meditation Services if she considers your health and safety to be at risk.
Laura Pearson does not accept any responsibility for the damage, injury or loss, to you, the client or any of your possessions before, during or after, or as a result of you engaging with any aspect of the service or Laura’s content and exercises. Any actions that you take are your own responsibility.
SOUND BATHS ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE AND THERE ARE SOME CONTRAINDICATIONS:
*Sound baths are not suitable if you:
are intoxicated (drugs or alcohol)
have a heart pacemaker or metal implant
suffer with serious or severe mental health conditions
You must consult your doctor or health professional before booking.
• Please ensure a prompt arrival for your class, course or event. (5 minutes before it is scheduled to begin).
• For in person classes, if you are late and the door is shut or the class has started, please be aware that unfortunately, Laura will be unable to disrupt the class to answer the door and check you in.
• For in person classes, please bring your own yoga mat, blanket or cushion to sit on. They will not be provided.
• It is your responsibility to join the class, course or event live (if you want to).
• You consent to Online Sessions being recorded and shared with everyone who signs up.
• You agree to Laura using Online Session recordings in other programmes, such as her Meditation Membership, online courses, and selling them separately.
• You agree to not share any aspect of the class or recording and to use them for your personal use only.
Payment and Cancellation
• Please be aware that payment is required to confirm your booking on any class, course or event and that payments are non-refundable from the time of booking.
• If, in the unlikely event Laura needs to cancel the class, you will be contacted via email and Laura will endeavour to reschedule it as soon as possible.
• Charges are payable on purchase/sign up. By making payment, you confirm that you accept this Contract and Terms and Conditions.
Information, Advice and Guidance
• Information, Advice and Guidance is given in good faith and it is always your decision as to whether you accept this. It is entirely your decision to listen, take, feel or act upon the information, advice, guidance, resources and exercises shared.
• Laura does not accept responsibility or liability for any of the decisions made by you or the consequences of such decisions. You understand that the responsibility remains with you, the client, indefinitely.
• You understand that the Meditation Teacher and Coach (Laura Pearson) is not acting in the capacity of a doctor or other licensed or registered professional, and that any advice given by the Meditation Teacher and Coach is not to override or take the place of advice from professionals.
• You agree to be open and honest and behave in a polite, respectful and professional manner towards Laura.
Limits of work
• You enter into this Agreement with the full understanding that you are solely responsible for creating your own results. You understand that achieving your goals (in whole or part) cannot be guaranteed and no warranties are given
• Given the group nature and short duration of the class or event, you may not achieve what you perceive to be a complete or final result. You accept that you may need to continue your personal development, in your own time, without Laura’s support.
External Service Providers and Platforms
• Laura Pearson has no control or responsibility over any external elements of the class, event, programme, physical space (e.g. for in person classes), Service Providers and Platforms – including Zoom, Wix, Stripe, Voxer, Facebook and/or any other platform that is used. It is your choice to sign up and use to these platforms, if you choose to participate.
• If any issues arise with the venues in relation to in person classes or events, Laura will endeavour to resolve them or find alternative venues as far as reasonably possible. However, this may result in cancellation or rescheduling and a change of date/time.
• In order to honour and protect Laura Pearson, all intellectual property, and confidentiality of information, you agree not to disclose or communicate information about Laura Pearson or share materials, methods or resources with any third parties.
• You understand that Laura may anonymously share generalised information for training, consultation or marketing purposes. Your identity and any information that could lead to your identification will remain entirely confidential.
• If you choose to tag Laura Pearson (currently @intentionalwithlaura) on social media, you give her permission to share and refer to this content.
• If you choose to provide a written or recorded testimonial, you agree to Laura sharing this online and in print, on her webpage and social media and so on.
• If you verbally consent to have your photo taken, you understand that it will be shared on social media, online, on Laura’s website and marketing materials, as well as in any other format that Laura sees fit.
Personal Responsibility Agreement and Liability
• Laura Pearson accepts no liability or responsibility of you choosing to feel mental, physical or emotional distress (or related ailment or condition) which you believe to be related either directly or indirectly to the class, event or engagement with Laura or her content. You will not hold Laura or Intentional with Laura liable for any loss, injury or cost incurred by you (or any person related to you) in the past, present or future.
• You acknowledge that you take full responsibility for your own life, space and wellbeing, and the lives and wellbeing of your family or dependants, and all decisions made during and after this class.
• You understand and assume the risks of the class, including the risks of trying new tools, practices, techniques, breathwork, meditation and the risks inherent in making lifestyle and mindset changes.
• You release Laura Pearson and Intentional with Laura from any and all liability, damages, allegations, causes of action, suits, sums of money, claims and demands whatsoever, in law or equity, which you ever had, now have or will have in the future against Laura, arising from your past or future participation in, or with respect to, the class, event, programme and/or related content.
• Laura Pearson will have no liability to you, except from delivering the class (once payment is received) as outlined.
• In no event shall Laura be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of her obligations arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond her control, including, without limitation, to loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes or acts of God, and interruptions. It is understood that Laura, as the case may be, shall use reasonable efforts to resume business as soon as practicable under the circumstances.
• This Agreement may be subject to change providing Laura Pearson gives the client 24 hours written notice in advance.
• You accept that the cost, content, structure and format of this class may change at any time and that you are not entitled to any money/discount/refund/or other compensation regardless of this.
Termination of Contract
• Laura Pearson has the right to terminate the Contract and not deliver the Class, Event, Programme, should you break the Contract, Agreement or its Terms and Conditions. In this case, you will not be refunded.
For any enquiries, email email@example.com